January 27-29, 2018
Barkers Island in Superior, Wisconsin
Superior Amateur Hockey Association invites you to play on the largest fresh-water pond in the
United States with 100% of the proceeds going to youth hockey.
TOURNAMENT AND ENTRY DETAILS:
Team Entry Fee:
- Women’s Division- $350 3 game guarantee round robin, 18 and over
- Open Division- $450 4 game guarantee round robin play, 18 and over
- Senior Division- $350 3 game guarantee round robin play. No more than 2 players under 40. Team average age must be greater than or equal to 40.
- Rink Rat Division- $350 3 game guarantee
- Warrior Division- $350 must be a military veteran
All levels minimum 4 players maximum 6 players
Entire team entry fee must be paid at time of registration.
- Host Hotel will be the Barkers Island Inn, 300 Marina Drive, Superior, WI 54880, (715) 392-7152.
- All tournament participants receive a Great Lakes Classic commemorative gift.
- Jerseys will be awarded to the Championship teams for the Open division. Plaques will be awarded to the winners of the senior and women’s, and rink rat divisions.
- All players must be at least 18 years of age by the start date of the tournament (01/26/18). Also, please see age requirements for specific divisions. A picture ID will be required at check-in and could be checked throughout the event.
- Each team in the senior and women’s divisions are guaranteed three games during round robin play. Open division will be guaranteed four (4) round robin games. Teams can expect one or two game(s) Friday and one to three on Saturday.
- Games will begin on Friday, January 26th at approximately 6:00pm. Please make travel plans accordingly; no schedule requests will be accepted.
- ENTRY IS FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED! Final rosters are due by Jan 12th, 2018.To reserve a spot please register online at www.GreatLakesPondHockey.com Payments can be mailed to Great Lakes Classic Pond Hockey, Attn: Pond Hockey, 1015 Oakes Avenue, Superior, WI 54880.
TOURNAMENT GAME FORMAT:
- This tournament is a 4 on 4 round robin event. Rink dimensions are approximately 140’ X 70’.
- Each team will play three to five round robin games within their division.
- Teams receive: Regulation Win = 2 pts, Tie = 1 pts, Regulation Loss = 0 pts.
- Each division will have a championship game and semi-finals* if necessary (*eight teams or more in a division).
- All games are 30 minutes in length consisting of two 15 minute run time halves with a 2 minute warm-up before each game.
- Playoff round games (quarter-final, semi-final and championships) that end in a tie will be decided by a 5-minute run time overtime period. The team that scores the most goals during that time will be the winner. If still tied, 5-minute run time periods will continue, where the team that scores the most goals during that period wins; until a winner is determined with one minute breaks in between each period.
- A minimum of four teams is required to run a division. The maximum number of teams per division will be determined by the number of teams entered in the overall event.
*THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS REGARDING. TOURNAMENT RULES, FORMAT, ETC. FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE EVENT.